Weekly Real Estate Update
March 12, 2012
The last six years or so have been tough on home prices, and even the most optimistic prognosticators say it will take another six years for median sales prices to approach the halcyon days of assured annual value increases for home sellers. Generations of stable home price increases gave way to a boom-and-bust cycle that would have made the Pets.com sock puppet blush. As we enter what should be an active spring market, our communities would do well to focus effort toward creating healthy, happy homes. With those in place, prices will rise again.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending March 3:
• New Listings decreased 23.2% to 1,402
• Pending Sales increased 29.7% to 940
• Inventory decreased 22.9% to 17,818
For the month of February:
• Median Sales Price decreased 1.1% to $138,500
• Days on Market decreased 9.0% to 145
• Percent of Original List Price Received increased 2.6% to 90.6%
• Months Supply of Inventory decreased 36.5% to 4.6
As reported by the Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors.