Weekly Real Estate Update
December 26, 2012
As we celebrate with family and friends this holiday season, we can take comfort in the fact that housing markets across the country are reaching their own holiday milestones. Even though the trend is our friend, recovery can often feel piecemeal: fewer foreclosures here, improved absorption rates there and lower days on market over there. But, overall, we’ve struck a positive stride, and momentum has a way of accumulating. Here’s a peek at the week’s housing market data.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending December 15:
• New Listings decreased 3.6% to 773
• Pending Sales increased 10.1% to 762
• Inventory decreased 28.9% to 13,630
For the month of November:
• Median Sales Price increased 16.2% to $172,000
• Days on Market decreased 26.4% to 103
• Percent of Original List Price Received increased 3.6% to 94.2%
• Months Supply of Inventory decreased 39.5% to 3.4
As reported by the Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors
Ready to buy or sell a home? Call the sister team.
We’d love to help you move forward.
Ellen and Kate Walsh
Coldwell Banker Burnet