Minneapolis and Saint Paul Real Estate Update
November 28, 2011
Buyers continued to exceed their November 2010 purchase volumes. Sellers weren’t so keen, posting fewer newly listed properties on the MLS than at this time last year. With roughly 87.5 percent of 2011 data in the books, and with 2012 just around the corner, the clever observers will start snapping sneak peeks of annual statistics and watching Year-to-Date numbers a little closer than usual. Just how did 2011 rank in real estate sales compared with prior years? We’ll know soon enough. In the meantime, here are the latest statistics.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending November 19:
• New Listings decreased 18.6% to 938
• Pending Sales increased 30.5% to 805
• Inventory decreased 21.8% to 20,796
For the month of October:
• Median Sales Price decreased 9.6% to $154,500
• Days on Market decreased 0.6% to 134
• Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.9% to 91.2%
• Months Supply of Inventory decreased 27.8% to 6.3
Statistics reported by the Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors.